Tuesday, 5 February 2013

What happened was...

Wow, nearly a year since I last posted....but what a year! Pregnancy seemed to dominate last year, firstly the sickness, then the excitement, followed by the inevitable discomforts of looking like I'd swallowed several small children. With a due date at the end of August, summer threatened to be very long but an early false start labour brought my mum to stay earlier than planned and she ended up staying for a wonderful two months. This meant I was totally spoiled, but more importantly my older daughter wasn't completely bored. After a couple more false starts, my beautiful little girl finally arrived in September - and was totally worth the wait. Her name is Odette and we're all completely in love with her.

The past few months have been a blur really, but things are settling down now and I've been increasingly able to reconnect with my computer. Just because you have a new baby doesn't mean the creative spirit disappears and I've been busy jotting down ideas for a new novel over the past few months, which I'm now beginning to develop properly. Happy days. :)

On a final note for now, I must just tell you one of the highlights of last summer. I discovered The Great British Bake Off. Ok, I know I'm massively behind everyone else on this, but I cannot tell you how nice it was watching it whilst being able to stuff my face with cake guilt free. Of course now I'm paying the price trying to shift baby weight - but oh, those were good times.

~ Bex ~

1 comment:

  1. She is the cutest little excuse for not blogging there ever was xxx

    ReplyDelete